- en: Requests for the bot flag should be made on this page. This wiki uses the standard bot policy, and allows global bots and automatic approval of certain types of bots. Other bots should apply below, and then request access from a steward if there is no objection.
Global ban for PlanespotterA320/RespectCE Edit
Per the Global bans policy, I'm informing the project of this request for comment: m:Requests for comment/Global ban for PlanespotterA320 (2) about banning a member from your community. Thank you.--Lemonaka (talk) 21:40, 6 February 2023 (UTC)
Your wiki will be in read only soon Edit
Ukraine's Cultural Diplomacy Month 2023: We are back! Edit
Please help translate to your language
Hello, dear Wikipedians!
Wikimedia Ukraine, in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine and Ukrainian Institute, has launched the third edition of writing challenge "Ukraine's Cultural Diplomacy Month", which lasts from 1st until 31st March 2023. The campaign is dedicated to famous Ukrainian artists of cinema, music, literature, architecture, design and cultural phenomena of Ukraine that are now part of world heritage. We accept contribution in every language! The most active contesters will receive prizes.
We invite you to take part and help us improve the coverage of Ukrainian culture on Wikipedia in your language! Also, we plan to set up a banner to notify users of the possibility to participate in such a challenge!
Wikimania 2023 Welcoming Program Submissions Edit
Seeking volunteers for the next step in the Universal Code of Conduct process Edit
As follow-up to the message about the Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Guidelines by Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Vice Chair, Shani Evenstein Sigalov, I am reaching out about the next steps. I want to bring your attention to the next stage of the Universal Code of Conduct process, which is forming a building committee for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). I invite community members with experience and deep interest in community health and governance to nominate themselves to be part of the U4C building committee, which needs people who are:
- Community members in good standing
- Knowledgeable about movement community processes, such as, but not limited to, policy drafting, participatory decision making, and application of existing rules and policies on Wikimedia projects
- Aware and appreciative of the diversity of the movement, such as, but not limited to, languages spoken, identity, geography, and project type
- Committed to participate for the entire U4C Building Committee period from mid-May - December 2023
- Comfortable with engaging in difficult, but productive conversations
- Confidently able to communicate in English
The Building Committee shall consist of volunteer community members, affiliate board or staff, and Wikimedia Foundation staff.
The Universal Code of Conduct has been a process strengthened by the skills and knowledge of the community and I look forward to what the U4C Building Committee creates. If you are interested in joining the Building Committee, please either sign up on the Meta-Wiki page, or contact ucocproject wikimedia.org by May 12, 2023. Read more on Meta-Wiki.
Xeno (WMF) 19:00, 26 Silimin gɔli April 2023 (GMT)
Automatic citations based on ISBN are broken Edit
Apologies if this message does not reach you in your favorite language. You can help translate it centrally at Meta. Thanks for your help.
We have recently become unable to access the WorldCat API which provided the ability to generate citations using ISBN numbers. The Wikimedia Foundation's Editing team is investigating several options to restore the functionality, but will need to disable ISBN citation generation for now.
This affects citations made with the VisualEditor Automatic tab, and the use of the citoid API in gadgets and user scripts, such as the autofill button on refToolbar. Please note that all the other automatic ways of generating citations, including via URL or DOI, are still available.
You can keep updated on the situation via Phabricator, or by reading the next issues of m:Tech News. If you know of any users or groups who rely heavily on this feature (for instance, someone who has an upcoming editathon), I'd appreciate it if you shared this update with them.
Elitre (WMF), on behalf of the Editing team.
Selection of the U4C Building Committee Edit
The next stage in the Universal Code of Conduct process is establishing a Building Committee to create the charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). The Building Committee has been selected. Read about the members and the work ahead on Meta-wiki.
-- UCoC Project Team, 04:20, 27 Silimin gɔli May 2023 (GMT)
Announcing the new Elections Committee members Edit
We are glad to announce the new members and advisors of the Elections Committee. The Elections Committee assists with the design and implementation of the process to select Community- and Affiliate-Selected trustees for the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. After an open nomination process, the strongest candidates spoke with the Board and four candidates were asked to join the Elections Committee. Four other candidates were asked to participate as advisors.
Thank you to all the community members who submitted their names for consideration. We look forward to working with the Elections Committee in the near future.
On behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees,
RamzyM (WMF) 17:59, 28 Silimin gɔli June 2023 (GMT)
Linking new articles and categories to Wikidata Edit
Hi all. With thanks to @Shahadusadik:, I learnt about dagwiki and your great Wikidata integration at Wikimania. I operate User:Pi bot, which runs a script to link new Wikipedia articles with Wikidata items where possible, or create new items after a 14-day wait. Would you like me to set this running for dagwiki? As a first step, it's now adding new articles with Wikidata item matches into the Wikidata game, and will add new potential matches to that daily. If you want, I can start the script to create the new Wikidata items after 14 days (with the exception that if a potential match is in the Game, it will wait for that to be resolved before creating a new item), would that be useful? Thanks. Mike Peel (Yɛltɔɣa) 14:38, 22 Silimin gɔli August 2023 (GMT)
- Hi @Mike Peel, Thank you so much for this. I would appreciate it a lot if you could run me through how this is done. Our community is definitely interested in using it. Also, feel free to set it running for dagwiki.I am available to talk more! Shahadusadik (Yɛltɔɣa) 11:35, 4 Silimin gɔli September 2023 (GMT)
- @Shahadusadik: Thanks for your support for this work. There are two parts here. The first part is already running, the bot is looking for Wikidata items that match new articles here, and it is adding them to the Wikidata game. Please have a look at these matches and decide if they are matches or not through that tool (if you match them, then the sitelink is added through your account). The second part is creating new Wikidata items for articles without potential matches after 14 days - would you like me to start this running? It is important then to check the new items on Wikidata and merge them with existing items if the bot has missed the match. Thanks. Mike Peel (Yɛltɔɣa) 21:49, 10 Silimin gɔli September 2023 (GMT)
Review the Charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee Edit
I am pleased to share the next step in the Universal Code of Conduct work. The Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) draft charter is now ready for your review.
The Enforcement Guidelines require a Building Committee form to draft a charter that outlines procedures and details for a global committee to be called the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). Over the past few months, the U4C Building Committee worked together as a group to discuss and draft the U4C charter. The U4C Building Committee welcomes feedback about the draft charter now through 22 September 2023. After that date, the U4C Building Committee will revise the charter as needed and a community vote will open shortly afterward.
RamzyM (WMF), on behalf of the U4C Building Committee, 15:35, 28 Silimin gɔli August 2023 (GMT)