N yuli n booni Alhassan Mohammed Awal
Campaigns Product Update #1Edit
Hello Campaigns Newsletter recipients. We are ready to share our first updates:
- We will be hosting our first Campaigns Product Office hour with the Product team on September 9, 2021 at 3 PM UTC (join us on Zoom: https://wikimedia.zoom.us/j/87427100681) . The Office hour will focus on the introduction of the Product team and its choice of of a first feature focused on Event Registration. For more information see: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Campaigns/Foundation_Programs_Team#Office_Hours
- We have published our first document about the first feature: event registration. You can find the document on Meta: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Campaigns/Foundation_Product_Team/Registration . We provided first responses to initial feedback last week. If you responded before, consider reviewing the talk page and adding to the conversation.
- We had several presentations at Wikimania:
- Ilana Fried presented the Campaign Product team as part of a larger conversation about Wikimedia Foundation Product Strategy. Campaigns product start at 18:12 time:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57GzJ4GEvCQ&t=1103
- Alex Stinson facilitated a session on the role of partners in International Campaigns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS1k8_6QWPY
What is next? At the office hours, we will share our first version of the designs for the Registration feature, and be asking for feedback. Additionally we will be onboarding our engineering team who will be building the registration feature.
Please invite other organizers to subscribe to this newsletter or to unsubscribe at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Campaigns/Foundation_Product_Team/Subscribers
The Campaign Product Team
Campaigns Product Update #2Edit
Hello Campaigns Product Newsletter subscribers! We are excited to share our updates:
- Request for Feedback: We have shared our project principles, wireframes for the desktop version, and open questions for you about the team’s event registration project. See the latest status updates here.
- Wireframes are design tools that imagine the future interface of the software. We haven’t built anything yet. We need your feedback on these designs so that we can make better product decisions. You can give feedback on the talk page regarding the design and features of the wireframes. We would love to hear your comments to help us establish the next necessary steps for the project.
- Presentations: The Campaign Product team participated in WikiArabia 2021 and WikiConference North America 2021 to give a brief introduction on how the team works. Senior Program Strategist Alex Stinson gave an overview about campaigns and how we can scale the organizing experience within the Movement. Senior Product Manager Ilana Fried gave an introduction about the Product Team and the project wireframes of the first campaign software solution: the on-wiki registration tool. View the recorded presentation here.
- Team update: We have hired our first team engineer, JCarvalho and our campaign organizing fellow, IBrazal. Newsletter updates will be done by IBrazal and she will be coordinating with you! We hope to have the rest of the engineering team onboard soon! For those of who missed the last Campaign Office Hour, you may watch the recording to know more about the Campaign Product Team.
What is next?
- Testers Needed! We will be partnering with YUX, a design research agency, to learn how our team can improve the experience of Wikimedia campaign organizers and participants in Africa. For this reason, we are looking for community members who are willing to be part of the rapid testing sessions. Preferably, we want organizers and editors who have worked in an African context. If you would like to participate in testing, please email .
- Upcoming Conferences. Wiki Indaba 2021. This year, the conference will be held virtually on November 5-7, 2021 with the theme "Rethink + Reset : Visions of the future". Read more about the conference here or register to join the event. We will be presenting the registration features on Sunday November 7.
- We will also be attending Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2021, which will be held virtually again this year on November 5-7, 2021. We will be presenting the registration tool on November 6 as part of our communication and sharing process.
- Translation Support. We are also beginning to translate the updates on Registration. If you think your language community would benefit from updates, please translate here.
Invite other organizers to subscribe to this newsletter for updates!
The Campaign Product Team
Campaigns Product Update #3Edit
Hello Campaigns Product Newsletter subscribers!
We are excited to share our updates:
- Proposal to create new namespaces: We have proposed to create two namespaces, which are “Event” and “Event talk.” This way, we can easily create an Event Center that pulls data from event pages. This Event Center may include tools to create event pages with registration support, a calendar of events, and event statistics, among other features. More importantly, the Event Center will highlight organizing as an essential part of the Wikimedia movement. Please give us feedback on Phabricator or Meta about our proposal to create two new namespaces.
- Engineering updates: We are excited that we have finished hiring for our engineering team! Three engineers and an engineering manager have joined our team since our last update. In the last few months, they have conducted technical planning and launched the building phase of the project. They are now building the registration tool. You can see the updated team on meta.
- Design updates: We conducted usability tests with a small group of testers for early feedback on the desktop wireframes. After collecting this feedback, we have developed a new version for desktop wireframes, which will be ready to share in the next few weeks. These desktop wireframes display the user flow of two experiences: one for organizers who want to add registration to their event pages, and another for participants who want to register for an event. Additionally, the design team is also currently working on the first version of mobile wireframes, which will be shared during the next office hour.
- 1. View the latest desktop wireframes in Figma for Campaign Organizer Prototype and Participant Registration Prototype.
- 2. Leave us some feedback on the desktop wireframes. Note that we haven’t posted the newest version of the desktop wireframes on the project page yet, but we will soon (and you can feel free to add feedback on any version you have seen).
- Ambassador updates: Three product ambassadors for the Arabic, French and Swahili communities have now joined our team! They will help us collect feedback from Wikimedia communities about the project and understand the needs of organizers, through gathering first-hand information. These ambassadors are immersed as actual members of these communities, so they will also help us identify the needs of the organizers in our pilot communities. The ambassadors are: M. Bachounda for Arabic communities, Georges Fodouop for French communities, and Antoni Mtavangu for Swahili communities.
What is next?
- Next Office Hour: We will be holding an office hour on March 31, 2022 at 15:00 UTC, which will be conducted via Zoom. We invite everyone to attend, and we really hope to see you! The focus will be on the Registration Tool. The team will also be providing community updates on the usability test findings and design highlights for the wireframes. We will also share our current Project timeline and answer any questions you may have. Join us and share your thoughts on these developments!
- In a few months, we are expecting to have the early testable version of the tool. By then, the team will be doing the first round of general testing and gathering feedback. We are looking forward to adding more features on the tool such as communication support, potentially by the end of this year. If you know other organizers that might be interested in following these developments, please recommend that they subscribe to the newsletter. We want to receive as much feedback as we can.
The Campaign Product Team
Campaign Product Team Office Hour - March 31, 2022Edit
Hello Campaign Product Newsletter subscribers!
The Campaign Product Team will be hosting the next office hour to share exciting updates on the Registration Tool and new proposed namespaces for events. We will also be sharing community updates on the usability tests and design highlights of the latest mobile and desktop wireframes.
Join us and share your thoughts on these developments!
- Date: March 31, 2022
- Time: 15:00 UTC
- Zoom Link: https://wikimedia.zoom.us/j/82046580320
You may also watch Campaigns Office Hour: Introducing the Campaigns Product Team to learn more about the Team and the previous wireframes.
Feel free to send a message to email@example.com if you want to receive an email reminder for this meeting.
The Campaign Product Team
Tech News: 2022-17Edit
22:53, 25 Silimin gɔli April 2022 (GMT)
Tech News: 2022-18Edit
19:31, 2 Silimin gɔli May 2022 (GMT)
Tech News: 2022-19Edit
15:20, 9 Silimin gɔli May 2022 (GMT)
Tech News: 2022-20Edit
18:56, 16 Silimin gɔli May 2022 (GMT)
Tech News: 2022-21Edit
00:21, 24 Silimin gɔli May 2022 (GMT)
Tech News: 2022-22Edit
20:28, 30 Silimin gɔli May 2022 (GMT)
Tech News: 2022-23Edit
02:46, 7 Silimin gɔli June 2022 (GMT)
Tech News: 2022-24Edit
16:59, 13 Silimin gɔli June 2022 (GMT)
Tech News: 2022-25Edit
20:18, 20 Silimin gɔli June 2022 (GMT)
Tech News: 2022-26Edit
20:03, 27 Silimin gɔli June 2022 (GMT)