My local time is: 00:47, 30 Silimin gɔli September 2022 UTC [refresh]
. Click here to refresh.
Here's your quick overview of what has been happening around Wikidata over the last week.
- 🧵 Discussions
- New requests for permissions/Bot:
- JhsBot 6
- Task/s: Add sitelinks to newly created wikis after wikis have been created and exported from the Wikimedia Incubator.
- 🎊 Events
- Live editing session on Twitch, in French, by Vigneron, September 26 at 18:00 CEST (UTC+2)
- Next Linked Data for Libraries LD4 Wikidata Affinity Group Wikidata Working Hour September 30, 2022: the seventh Wikidata Working Hour in the series will be a review session of creating contributor and publisher items in Wikidata. The primary goal of this session is to generate as many contributor and publisher items as we can in advance of the two following sessions which have to do with batch editing -- we want enough to make a good batch! We will review how to add items, but then reserve the bulk of the session for open editing, kind of like a mini-editathon! Naturally, participants can ask questions and share thoughts at any point during the editing! You are, as always, welcome to bring your own data to work on. All sessions in the project series will be recorded. Links will be added when available. Event page
- Weekly Lexemes Challenge #60, Cows
- ✍🏿 Press, articles, blog posts, videos
- Wikipedia Weekly Network - LIVE Wikidata editing #91 - YouTube
- How donations to Wikidata work (in English with French subtitles) - YouTube
- BridgeDB & Wikidata. A powerful combination that generates interoperable open research (in Spanish) - YouTube
- 🧰 Tool of the week
- User:Bovlb/notability.js is a userscript that adds a small notability indicator to the top right of an item showing how well the item satisfies the three notability criteria. Left to right, the three columns indicate sitelinks, identifiers and references, and structural need.
- 🤔 Did you know?
- Newest properties:
- New property proposals to review:
- General datatypes: membership number, increased by, badge image, historical information sign, is mentioned in, sponsor
- External identifiers: Professional Referee Organization ID, BSDB player ID, WebKit Feature Status feature ID, Microsoft Edge Platform Status feature ID, Twitter community ID, Linktree ID, Préfets 3, Observation.org place ID, expertes ID, OpenML dataset ID, identifiant inventaire Nouvelle-Aquitaine, MEXT school code, USGS Thesaurus ID, NicoNico ID, Asian Tour player ID, AIBA ID, Illinois Plants ID, Louisiana Plant ID
- Query examples:
- Newest WikiProjects:
- 🧑🏿💻 Development
- Continuing work on making the mul language code work.
- Continuing work on making Special:UnconnectedPages scale (phab:T300770)
- Ensuring that Lexeme language codes using mis use uppercase Q consistently in the Item IDs (phab:T317863)
- REST API: Working on automated edit summaries (phab:T312811)
You can see all open tickets related to Wikidata here. If you want to help, you can also have a look at the tasks needing a volunteer.
Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- Parsoid clients should be updated to allow for space-separated multi-values in the
rel attribute of links. Further details are in T315209.
Changes later this week
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 27 September. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 28 September. It will be on all wikis from 29 September (calendar).
- Visual diffs will become available to all users, except at the Wiktionaries and Wikipedias. 
- Talk pages on the mobile site will change at the Arabic, Bangla, Chinese, French, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Korean, and Vietnamese Wikipedias. They should be easier to use and provide more information.  
- In the Module namespace, pages ending with
.json will be treated as JSON, just like they already are in the Ŋun su and MiidiyaWiki namespaces. 
Tech news prepared by Tech News writers and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.
MediaWiki message delivery 00:30, 27 Silimin gɔli September 2022 (GMT)