CongratulationsEdit

Hi Shahadusadik. Just a few days ago we were talking about the Dagbani activities on Artic Knot Conference and now the Dagbani Wikipedia has gone online. I'm very happy about this. Greetings from Alemannic Wikipedia! --Holder (Yɛltɔɣa) 05:44, 1 Silimin gɔli July 2021 (GMT)

Thank you! Holder. Welcome to the Dagbani Wikipedia.Shahadusadik (Yɛltɔɣa) 04:19, 16 Silimin gɔli July 2021 (GMT)

WelcomeEdit

Welcome to the official Dagbani Wikipedia! 😁

Congratulations on all the work you and your fellow volunteers have done to make this happen – please send my regards to everyone!

Now, when a new wiki is set up, there are a few things that don't work like they should yet. That is because some things can only be set up after the wiki is created, and it may take some time. The things I'm aware of are:

  • The Visual Editor may not work properly for existing pages. You may get an error message if you try to edit an existing page. It should work, however, if you try to create a new article using the visual editor.
  • Search results from Special:Search may not show everything just yet.
  • It is not yet possible to connect articles to Wikidata.

These problems should all be solved within a few days – at most it can take 2 weeks, but that is rare. Please contact me if any of it takes more than 2 weeks, and also contact me if you notice anything else that looks wrong/is missing, etc.

Again, congratulations! 🎉 Jon Harald Søby (Yɛltɔɣa) 09:12, 2 Silimin gɔli July 2021 (GMT)

Hi Jon Harald Søby, Well noted and any thanks for your the support!Shahadusadik (Yɛltɔɣa) 04:15, 16 Silimin gɔli July 2021 (GMT)

Hello from Sabon HarsheEdit

Hi Sadik Shahadu, I see you have been doing great work here at Dagbani Wikipedia. Keep up the excellent work!

I don't actually speak Dagbani but am trying to learn it from Tony Naden's Dagbani Dictionary and also from Knut Olawsky's Dagbani Grammar.

I mostly edit at Hausa Wikipedia but really enjoy editing at the smaller and newer wikis of many African languages. I have started building this wiki with categorizing, adding interwiki links, and other tasks. As this is a newer wiki, I think we can could up with a list of things to do so that we can improve Dagbani Wikipedia? Sabon Harshe (Yɛltɔɣa) 05:08, 18 Silimin gɔli July 2021 (GMT)

Hi Sabon Harshe, Thank you so much for your interest in the Dagbani Wikipedia! I am really excited to hear that you are also exploring Dagbani language dictionaries and resources. Do you mind if I add you to our telegram group? That way, we can have a more in-depth discussion. Can you also share the Knut Olawsky's Dagbani Grammar and Tony Naden's Dagbani Dictionary with us via dagbani(dot)wikimedians(at)gmail(dot)com?. Many thanks for reaching! warmly, Shahadusadik (Yɛltɔɣa) 11:16, 22 Silimin gɔli July 2021 (GMT)
Yes, I will be happy to privately share all the Dagbani resources that I can find. Talk to you soon! Sabon Harshe (Yɛltɔɣa) 11:21, 22 Silimin gɔli July 2021 (GMT)
I have just added some essential information at Wikipedia:Mabiligu dundɔŋ#New stubs. Naden's Dagbani dictionary is open-source and free to access in both as a PDF file and as a searchable online dictionary. Sabon Harshe (Yɛltɔɣa) 11:23, 22 Silimin gɔli July 2021 (GMT)
Naden, Tony. 2014. Dagbani dictionary. Webonary.
Awesome! Thanks a lot. Will check them out. Shahadusadik (Yɛltɔɣa) 14:36, 22 Silimin gɔli July 2021 (GMT)

Wikipedia:AdministratorsEdit

Dear Shahadusadik, I have just nominated you at Wikipedia:Administrators. Thank you for everything you have done to get Dagbani Wikipedia started! Sabon Harshe (Yɛltɔɣa) 12:25, 6 Silimin gɔli August 2021 (GMT)

Hi Sabon Harshe, Thank you for nominating me and also putting yourself up for the administrator role. We are very grateful for all that you do on the Dagbani Wikipedia. I will share with our community for voting. Warmly, Shahadusadik (Yɛltɔɣa) 12:57, 9 Silimin gɔli August 2021 (GMT)
Thank you Shahadusadik! I wish a bright future for the Dagbani Wikipedia community. Sabon Harshe (Yɛltɔɣa) 03:07, 14 Silimin gɔli August 2021 (GMT)
Since there is overwhelming community support, I have just filed an administrator access request for you here at Meta: meta:Steward_requests/Permissions#Shahadusadik@Dagbani_Wikipedia. Sabon Harshe (Yɛltɔɣa) 20:21, 26 Silimin gɔli August 2021 (GMT)
Many thanks for all the hard work! Shahadusadik (Yɛltɔɣa) 23:56, 2 Silimin gɔli September 2021 (GMT)

Campaigns Product Update #1Edit

Hello Campaigns Newsletter recipients. We are ready to share our first updates:

What is next? At the office hours, we will share our first version of the designs for the Registration feature, and be asking for feedback. Additionally we will be onboarding our engineering team who will be building the registration feature.

Please invite  other organizers to subscribe to this newsletter or to unsubscribe at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Campaigns/Foundation_Product_Team/Subscribers  

The Campaign Product Team

Thank User:Astinson (WMF), I will be there! Shahadusadik (Yɛltɔɣa) 23:54, 2 Silimin gɔli September 2021 (GMT)

Campaigns Product Update #2Edit

Hello Campaigns Product Newsletter subscribers! We are excited to share our updates:

  • Request for Feedback: We have shared our project principles, wireframes for the desktop version, and open questions for you about the team’s event registration project. See the latest status updates here.
Wireframes are design tools that imagine the future interface of the software. We haven’t built anything yet. We need your feedback on these designs so that we can make better product decisions. You can give feedback on the talk page regarding the design and features of the wireframes. We would love to hear your comments to help us establish the next necessary steps for the project.
Please share with us your feedback!
  • Presentations: The Campaign Product team participated in WikiArabia 2021 and WikiConference North America 2021 to give a brief introduction on how the team works. Senior Program Strategist Alex Stinson gave an overview about campaigns and how we can scale the organizing experience within the Movement. Senior Product Manager Ilana Fried gave an introduction about the Product Team and the project wireframes of the first campaign software solution: the on-wiki registration tool. View the recorded presentation here.
  • Team update: We have hired our first team engineer, JCarvalho and our campaign organizing fellow, IBrazal. Newsletter updates will be done by IBrazal and she will be coordinating with you! We hope to have the rest of the engineering team onboard soon! For those of who missed the last Campaign Office Hour, you may watch the recording to know more about the Campaign Product Team.

What is next?

Testers Needed! We will be partnering with YUX, a design research agency, to learn how our team can improve the experience of Wikimedia campaign organizers and participants in Africa. For this reason, we are looking for community members who are willing to be part of the rapid testing sessions. Preferably, we want organizers and editors who have worked in an African context. If you would like to participate in testing, please email .
Upcoming Conferences. Wiki Indaba 2021. This year, the conference will be held virtually on November 5-7, 2021 with the theme "Rethink + Reset : Visions of the future". Read more about the conference here or register to join the event. We will be presenting the registration features on Sunday November 7.
We will also be attending Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2021, which will be held virtually again this year on November 5-7, 2021. We will be presenting the registration tool on November 6 as part of our communication and sharing process.
Translation Support. We are also beginning to translate the updates on Registration. If you think your language community would benefit from updates, please translate here.


Invite other organizers to subscribe to this newsletter for updates!


The Campaign Product Team

MediaWiki message delivery (Yɛltɔɣa) 16:26, 28 Silimin gɔli October 2021 (GMT)

Template biography is [nearly] readyEdit

Hello! Template for biographies is ready, you have it working at Kwame Nkrumah. You need to add some changes to MediaWiki:common.js (I have added it to the talk page there) so collapsible lists work. You also can make translations of labels at Template:bio/dag, if you want. Let me know when you have done it, and I can help with other kind of items. -Theklan (Yɛltɔɣa) 15:10, 30 Silimin gɔli October 2021 (GMT)

I also added Template:Event for any event and Template:Taxon for any living thing. Enjoy it! -Theklan (Yɛltɔɣa) 17:15, 30 Silimin gɔli October 2021 (GMT)
Here you have some taxa that are at euwiki and also at dagwiki: https://petscan.wmflabs.org/?psid=20546633. You can start adding taxon template to those! -Theklan (Yɛltɔɣa) 19:30, 30 Silimin gɔli October 2021 (GMT)
Thank you so much Theklan! I will follow the instructions and get back. Shahadusadik (Yɛltɔɣa) 11:13, 31 Silimin gɔli October 2021 (GMT)
Theklan, Please can we do a practical demo session on this? I really love these cool stuff. Shahadusadik (Yɛltɔɣa) 14:48, 3 Silimin gɔli December 2021 (GMT)
Yes, whenever you want! Theklan (Yɛltɔɣa) 17:07, 3 Silimin gɔli December 2021 (GMT)
Great! Will Saturday December 11 work for you? Please share your email so I can send a zoom invite. Warmly, Shahadusadik (Yɛltɔɣa) 18:03, 6 Silimin gɔli December 2021 (GMT)
HiTheklan, just following up :)Shahadusadik (Yɛltɔɣa) 13:29, 24 Silimin gɔli January 2022 (GMT)
Hello! I didn't see the previous message, sorry! How can I help you? Theklan (Yɛltɔɣa) 13:26, 27 Silimin gɔli January 2022 (GMT)
Please can we meet online next Sunday at 3 pm UTC? I am happy to send a calendar invite. Warmly. Shahadusadik (Yɛltɔɣa) 19:19, 29 Silimin gɔli January 2022 (GMT)

How we will see unregistered usersEdit

Hi!

You get this message because you are an admin on a Wikimedia wiki.

When someone edits a Wikimedia wiki without being logged in today, we show their IP address. As you may already know, we will not be able to do this in the future. This is a decision by the Wikimedia Foundation Legal department, because norms and regulations for privacy online have changed.

Instead of the IP we will show a masked identity. You as an admin will still be able to access the IP. There will also be a new user right for those who need to see the full IPs of unregistered users to fight vandalism, harassment and spam without being admins. Patrollers will also see part of the IP even without this user right. We are also working on better tools to help.

If you have not seen it before, you can read more on Meta. If you want to make sure you don’t miss technical changes on the Wikimedia wikis, you can subscribe to the weekly technical newsletter.

We have two suggested ways this identity could work. We would appreciate your feedback on which way you think would work best for you and your wiki, now and in the future. You can let us know on the talk page. You can write in your language. The suggestions were posted in October and we will decide after 17 January.

Thank you. /Johan (WMF)

Thanks for sharing Johan (WMF). Shahadusadik (Yɛltɔɣa) 13:35, 24 Silimin gɔli January 2022 (GMT)

18:11, 4 Silimin gɔli January 2022 (GMT)

Congrats for organizing Feminism and Folklore 2022 now whats next ?Edit

Dear Organizers,

Congratulations on successfully organizing Feminism and Folklore 2022 on your local Wikipedia language. Here are few things that you need to look around during the contest.Make sure that all submissions follow the set of rules as mentioned below and are related to the theme of the project.

  1. The expanded or new article should have a minimum 3000 bytes or 300 words.
  2. The article should not be purely machine translated.
  3. The article should be expanded or created between 1 February and 31 March.
  4. The article should be within theme feminism or folklore.Articles will be accepted if it either belongs to Folklore or Feminism.
  5. No copyright violations and must have proper reference as per Wikipedia notability guidelines.

Please refer to the set of rules and guidelines from here. During the contest if you face any issue or have queries regarding the project please feel free to reach out on Contact Us page. Feminism and Folklore team will be assisting you throughout the contest duration. We thank you for your numerous efforts which you have put in for making this project successful.

Best wishes

Rockpeterson

MediaWiki message delivery (Yɛltɔɣa) 05:52, 12 Silimin gɔli February 2022 (GMT)

Admin renewal votingEdit

Hi Shahadusadik, Dagbani Wikipedia users can now vote for you at Wikipedia:Mabiligu dundɔŋ#Admin renewal voting. You can then show this to stewards on Meta. Sabon Harshe (Yɛltɔɣa) 14:00, 22 Silimin gɔli February 2022 (GMT)

Thank you for the reminder. I am sharing it right away.Shahadusadik (Yɛltɔɣa) 14:20, 22 Silimin gɔli February 2022 (GMT)

Campaigns Product Update #3Edit

Hello Campaigns Product Newsletter subscribers!

We are excited to share our updates:

  • Proposal to create new namespaces: We have proposed to create two namespaces, which are “Event” and “Event talk.” This way, we can easily create an Event Center that pulls data from event pages. This Event Center may include tools to create event pages with registration support, a calendar of events, and event statistics, among other features. More importantly, the Event Center will highlight organizing as an essential part of the Wikimedia movement. Please give us feedback on Phabricator or Meta about our proposal to create two new namespaces.
  • Engineering updates: We are excited that we have finished hiring for our engineering team! Three engineers and an engineering manager have joined our team since our last update. In the last few months, they have conducted technical planning and launched the building phase of the project. They are now building the registration tool. You can see the updated team on meta.
  • Design updates: We conducted usability tests with a small group of testers for early feedback on the desktop wireframes. After collecting this feedback, we have developed a new version for desktop wireframes, which will be ready to share in the next few weeks. These desktop wireframes display the user flow of two experiences: one for organizers who want to add registration to their event pages, and another for participants who want to register for an event. Additionally, the design team is also currently working on the first version of mobile wireframes, which will be shared during the next office hour.
1. View the latest desktop wireframes in Figma for Campaign Organizer Prototype and Participant Registration Prototype.
2. Leave us some feedback on the desktop wireframes. Note that we haven’t posted the newest version of the desktop wireframes on the project page yet, but we will soon (and you can feel free to add feedback on any version you have seen).
  • Ambassador updates: Three product ambassadors for the Arabic, French and Swahili communities have now joined our team! They will help us collect feedback from Wikimedia communities about the project and understand the needs of organizers, through gathering first-hand information. These ambassadors are immersed as actual members of these communities, so they will also help us identify the needs of the organizers in our pilot communities. The ambassadors are: M. Bachounda for Arabic communities, Georges Fodouop for French communities, and Antoni Mtavangu for Swahili communities.

What is next?

Next Office Hour: We will be holding an office hour on March 31, 2022 at 15:00 UTC, which will be conducted via Zoom. We invite everyone to attend, and we really hope to see you! The focus will be on the Registration Tool. The team will also be providing community updates on the usability test findings and design highlights for the wireframes. We will also share our current Project timeline and answer any questions you may have. Join us and share your thoughts on these developments!
In a few months, we are expecting to have the early testable version of the tool. By then, the team will be doing the first round of general testing and gathering feedback. We are looking forward to adding more features on the tool such as communication support, potentially by the end of this year. If you know other organizers that might be interested in following these developments, please recommend that they subscribe to the newsletter. We want to receive as much feedback as we can.

Thank you!


The Campaign Product Team

MediaWiki message delivery (Yɛltɔɣa) 17:26, 22 Silimin gɔli March 2022 (GMT)

Feminism and Folklore 2022 ends soonEdit

Feminism and Folklore 2022 which is an international writing contest organized at Wikipedia ends soon that is on 31 March 2022 11:59 UTC. This is the last chance of the year to write about feminism, women biographies and gender-focused topics such as folk festivals, folk dances, folk music, folk activities, folk games, folk cuisine, folk wear, fairy tales, folk plays, folk arts, folk religion, mythology, folk artists, folk dancers, folk singers, folk musicians, folk game athletes, women in mythology, women warriors in folklore, witches and witch hunting, fairy tales and more

Keep an eye on the project page for declaration of Winners.

We look forward for your immense co-operation.

Thanks Wiki Loves Folklore international Team MediaWiki message delivery (Yɛltɔɣa) 14:28, 26 Silimin gɔli March 2022 (GMT)

Admin rights renewalEdit

I have just filed for admin rights renewal at meta:Steward_requests/Permissions#Administrator_access after our successful adminship elections. Good luck! Sabon Harshe (Yɛltɔɣa) 22:09, 27 Silimin gɔli March 2022 (GMT)

Awesome!. Thank you and good luck to you too.Shahadusadik (Yɛltɔɣa) 12:57, 28 Silimin gɔli March 2022 (GMT)

Campaign Product Team Office Hour - March 31, 2022Edit

Hello Campaign Product Newsletter subscribers!

The Campaign Product Team will be hosting the next office hour to share exciting updates on the Registration Tool and new proposed namespaces for events. We will also be sharing community updates on the usability tests and design highlights of the latest mobile and desktop wireframes.

Join us and share your thoughts on these developments!

Date: March 31, 2022
Time: 15:00 UTC
Zoom Link: https://wikimedia.zoom.us/j/82046580320

You may also watch Campaigns Office Hour: Introducing the Campaigns Product Team to learn more about the Team and the previous wireframes.

Feel free to send a message to ibrazal-ctr@wikimedia.org if you want to receive an email reminder for this meeting.

Thank you.


The Campaign Product Team


MediaWiki message delivery (Yɛltɔɣa) 17:37, 30 Silimin gɔli March 2022 (GMT)

Feminism and Folklore 2022 has ended, What's Next?Edit

Please help translate to your language

Dear Shahadusadik,

Feminism and Folklore 2022 writing competition has ended. We thank you for organizing it on your local Wikipedia and help in document folk cultures and women in folklore in different regions of the world on Wikipedia. What's next?

  1. Please complete the jury on or before 25th April 2022.
  2. Email us on wikilovesfolklore@gmail.com the Wiki usernames of top three users with most accepted articles in local contest.
  3. You can also put the names of the winners on your local project page.
  4. We will be contacting the winners in phased manner for distribution of prizes.

Feel free to contact us via mail or talkpage if you need any help, clarification or assistance.

Thanks and regards

International Team
Feminism and Folklore

--MediaWiki message delivery (Yɛltɔɣa) 16:19, 6 Silimin gɔli April 2022 (GMT)

Thanks for organizing Feminism and FolkloreEdit

Dear Organiser/Jury

Thank you so much for your enormous contribution during the Feminism and Folklore 2022 writing competition. We appreciate your time and efforts throughout the competition to bridge cultural and gender gap on Wikipedia. We are sending you a special postcard as a token of our appreciation and gratitude. Please fill out this form by July 20th 2022 to receive a postcard from us. We look forward to seeing you in 2023 next year.

Stay safe!

Gaurav Gaikwad.

International Team

Feminism and Folklore MediaWiki message delivery (Yɛltɔɣa) 13:50, 10 Silimin gɔli July 2022 (GMT)

Event Registration Tool: Demo and Invitation to TestEdit

Hello Subscribers!

The Campaigns Product  Team from the Wikimedia Foundation will be hosting two office hours to  demo the new Event Registration Tool, and train organizers how to  use it. In these office hours, you will learn how to:

  • Create an event page in the new event namespace (as an event organizer)
  • Enable registration on your event page (as an event organizer)
  • Collect data on who registered for your event (as an event organizer)
  • Register for an event on the event page (as an event participant)

You can attend one office hour or both, depending on your availability on the following dates:

  • Session 1: Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 5:00 PM UTC
  • Session 2: Saturday, July 23, 2022 at 12:00 PM UTC

These events will be multilingual, with live interpretations in Arabic, English, French, Italian, and Portuguese, and Swahili. Note that Portuguese will be available on the 21st, but not the 23rd. We strongly encourage you to join and share your feedback on the tool. Your feedback will help us improve the tool so that Wikimedians can have a better event experience. To register, please reply to this email or sign-up to our page, by adding your signature.

Thank you!

~~~~ IBrazal (WMF) (Yɛltɔɣa) 06:20, 18 Silimin gɔli July 2022 (GMT)

Campaign Product Team Office Hour - July 21, 2022Edit

Hello Campaign Product Newsletter subscribers!


The Campaign Product Team will be having an office hour today, July 21, 2022 at 17:00 UTC via Zoom to demo the first release of the Event Registration Tool.

You may join the office hour using this meeting link.

We look forward to your participation.

Thank you.


Best,

The Campaign Product Team

MediaWiki message delivery (Yɛltɔɣa) 14:46, 21 Silimin gɔli July 2022 (GMT)

Campaigns Product Update #4Edit

Hello Campaigns Product Newsletter subscribers!

We are excited to share our updates:

  • Event Registration v0
We have successfully launched Event Registration tool V0 on beta cluster and collected feedback from the first batch of testers. This tool is part of a more comprehensive organizing solution, the Event Center, which hopes to support movement organizers. Through this registration solution, organizers can collect useful data on campaign participants and their needs while respecting participant privacy.
Testing update. In our first round of feedback collection, testers were composed of different types of organizers around the movement with a language focus on Arabic, French, English, and Swahili communities. Most of the testers successfully created their test event registrations and signed up for a test event registration created by other organizers. Simple, easy to use, and aids in managing event participants were the common feedback we received from first-time users. In contrast, access and proper localization of the tool were the points for improvement identified. We are working on V1, which will include communication support and integration with the Programs and Event Dashboard. This will be released on Meta-Wiki soon. We hope to address accessibility during this launch and improve localization problems once the tool has been deployed in local wikiprojects.
The tool is still available for testing on the beta cluster. Feel free to leave feedback on our project talk page or this form.
  • Organizer Lab
    Looking for a way to learn how to effectively organize around sustainability? Join the beta version of the Organizer Lab on WikiLearn to understand how to effectively organize a global campaign around sustainability and climate change! Applications are open from September 22 - October 19, 2022. The Organizer Lab will be a 9-week online learning experience from the end of October until mid December that prepares participants to obtain knowledge about the topics that they wish to create, a call to action for strategic knowledge gaps, as well as more generalized Wikimedia organizing and campaign/event design skills.
Read more about the program!


What's Next:

  • Organizer User Rights. We are reaching out to a pool of administrators from Arabic, French and Swahili communities to collect feedback on what is the best way to define organizer user rights, what privileges to give to community organizers, and what are the limitations of these privileges. Feel free to reach out to our product ambassadors or send an email to ibrazal-ctr@wikimedia.org if you are interested to be part of these conversations.



Community Feedback:

"Participants have been always asking the organizers are asked by participants whether they are registered, now participants will just look directly if they are registered, Thank you for creating the system"
- French Organizer

“I think that the platform will facilitate the process of promoting events and searching for participants”
- Arabic Organizer



Thank you!


The Campaigns Product Team

MediaWiki message delivery (Yɛltɔɣa) 06:30, 21 Silimin gɔli September 2022 (GMT)

Campaigns Product Team Office Hour - December 2022Edit

Hello Campaigns Product Newsletter subscribers!

The Wikimedia Foundation Campaigns Team invites you to join our upcoming office hours. In each session, we will introduce V1 of Event Registration Tool, so you can begin using it for real events on Meta-wiki.

In V1, the following new features will be includedː

  • Support for the organizer to specify an event timezone
  • Automatic confirmation emails after participants have registered
  • Private registration: the option for participants to register and only display their registered username to organizers of the event and we will teach you how you can use it yourself.


Office Hour Sessions:

  • 1st Session: December 5, 2022 @ 18:00 UTC via Zoom
  • 2nd Session: December 10, 2022 @ 12:00 UTC via Zoom
Join us and share your thoughts on these developments!


These office hours will be multilingual, with live interpretations in Arabic, English, French, and Swahili. Email us @ ibrazal-ctr@wikimedia.org or sign-up here if you want to receive a reminder for this meeting.

Thank you.

The Campaigns Product Team